Saturday, December 10, 2016
SUMMERLIN® PARTNERS WITH CLARK COUNTY COMMISSIONER WEEKLY
TO “STUFF A BUS” WITH TOYS FOR KIDS IN FOSTER CARE
Tom Warden of The Howard Hughes Corporation, left, helps Clark County Commissioner Lawrence Weekly “stuff the bus” with toys for children in foster care last holiday season at The Howard Hughes Corporation offices in Las Vegas. This year, the company is once again supporting the toy drive and invites the public to donate at three locations throughout the community.
The Howard Hughes Corporation®, developer of the Summerlin® master-planned community, is once again participating in a special toy drive to brighten the holidays for children in Southern Nevada. According to Tom Warden, Senior Vice President of Community & Government Relations for Summerlin, Hughes has designated ten locations within the community for individuals, companies and organizations to donate toys for “Stuff A Bus,” an annual toy drive organized by Clark County Commissioner Lawrence Weekly for the children of the Department of Family Services who are currently in foster care.
According to Warden, this is the fourth annual “Stuff a Bus” toy drive and the third time the community has participated. “We added even more drop-off points throughout Summerlin this year because the response to this effort is historically strong, and we expect it to be even more popular this year,” said Warden. “We are proud and honored to support Commissioner Weekly’s initiative to ensure that every child in Southern Nevada has a gift this holiday season. Most importantly, we invite everyone to join us. It takes an entire community to make a difference for these kids.”
Toys must be unwrapped and can be dropped off by December 14, end of day. Toy drop-off locations throughout Summerlin include the following:
- Downtown Summerlin Concierge – located in the breezeway of One Summerlin; 702-832-1055; open daily from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Ridges Custom Homesite Sales Center – 11277 Marble Ridge Drive, 89135; 702-255-2500; open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monte Bello model homes by Richmond America in The Mesa village – 5693 Corona Vista Street, Las Vegas, NV 89135; 702-656-0753; open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Segovia by Pulte Homes in The Paseos village – 320 Evante St, Las Vegas, NV 89138; 702-843-2788; call for hours
- Estrella by Pulte Homes in The Paseos village – 139 Berneri Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89138; 702-843-2805; call for hours
- Vistara by Pulte Homes in The Cliffs village – 4041 Beisner St, Las Vegas, NV 89122; 866-246-6510; call for hours
- Delano by Lennar in The Paseos village – 312 Highspring Street, Las Vegas, NV 89138; 702-821-4850; call for hours
- Cielo by Woodside Homes in The Mesa village – 5857 Heaven View Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89135; 702-279-6734; call for hours
- Belmonte by Woodside Homes in The Paseos village – 398 Rosina Vista St., Las Vegas, NV 89138; 702-279-6734; call for hours
- Savona by Woodside Homes in The Paseos village – 246 Castellari Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89138; 702-279-6734; call for hours
- Sterling Ridge by William Lyon Homes in The Ridges village – 35 Coral Wood Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89135; 702-522-9310; call for hours
- Silver Ridge by William Lyon Homes in The Ridges village - 11464 Opal Springs Way, Las Vegas, NV 89135; 702-570-6654; call for hours
- Allegra by William Lyon Homes in The Paseos village – 254 Tarragona Breeze Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89138; 702-233-4874; call for hours
According to Clark County Commissioner Lawrence, Weekly, more than 10,000 toys have been collected over the past few years which means each child in foster care receives not one, but at least two or three Christmas gifts.
“Thanks to the generosity of Southern Nevada, and in particular, The Howard Hughes Corporation and Summerlin for their ongoing support, we are able to give our kids a happy holiday,” said Commissioner Weekly. “Donating a toy is a small gesture that always puts a big smile on the faces of those who receive it. We encourage everyone in Summerlin to join us this year in making the holidays a little brighter.”
Summerlin currently offers new homes encompassing nearly 100 floorplans in 21 neighborhoods in four villages: The Ridges, The Cliffs, The Mesa and The Paseos. Homes are available in a variety of styles – from single-family homes to townhomes– priced from the low $300,000s. Visit Summerlin.com for more information. For more information about Summerlin homes and amenities, visit Summerlin.com.
Developed by The Howard Hughes Corporation, Summerlin began to take shape in 1990 and has ranked in the country’s top 10 best-selling master-planned communities for nearly two decades. Located along the western rim of the Las Vegas valley, Summerlin encompasses 22,500 acres with approximately 6,000 gross acres still remaining to accommodate future growth, including infrastructure, open space and common areas, all within the master plan. The community is currently home to nearly 100,000 residents who enjoy an unparalleled list of amenities. These include more than 250 neighborhood and village parks, more than 150 completed miles of trails, 25 public and private schools, 14 houses of worship, nine golf courses, shopping centers, medical and cultural facilities, business parks and dozens of actively selling floor plans. Homes are available in a variety of styles – from single-family homes to townhomes– priced from the $300,000s to more than $2.5 million. For information on custom homesites in The Ridges please call 702.255.2500. Luxury apartment homes offer monthly rents starting from the $900s. Visit www.summerlin.com for more information.
About The Howard Hughes Corporation®
The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate throughout the U.S. Our properties include master planned communities, operating properties, development opportunities and other unique assets spanning 16 states from New York to Hawai‘i. The Howard Hughes Corporation is traded on the New York Stock Exchange as HHC with major offices in New York, Columbia, MD, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas and Honolulu. For additional information about HHC, visit www.howardhughes.com, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not historical facts, including statements accompanied by words such as “will,” “believe,” “expect,” “enables,” “realize”, “plan,” “intend,” “assume,” “transform” and other words of similar expression, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s expectations, estimates, assumptions, and projections as of the date of this release and are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in these statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are set forth as risk factors in The Howard Hughes Corporation’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Quarterly and Annual Reports. The Howard Hughes Corporation cautions you not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements contained in this release. The Howard Hughes Corporation does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect future events, information or circumstances that arise after the date of this release.