Savoring a delicious cocktail is still a great way to unwind from a long day. Here are a few sensational drinks to make at home. Courtesy of True Food Kitchen’s Director of Beverage, Jon Augustin, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar and Trattoria Reggiano!
Who doesn’t love a good weekend cocktail? Trattoria Reggiano has a signature beverage coined The Weekender. Here’s the recipe to create your own edition at home.
Citrus Skinny Margarita
“The Citrus Skinny Margarita is a restaurant staple. It’s a constant on our menu regardless of seasonal changes,” stated Augustin. “It’s a fresh take on a classic using ingredients from our scratch bar.”
- 5 leaves Mint
- 4 wedges Orange
- 5 slices Cucumber
- 0.75 oz. Lime Juice
- 0.5 oz. Orange Juice
- 0.75 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1.5 oz. Silver Tequila
- In a shaker cup, combine mint, orange wedges, cucumber, lime juice, orange juice, and simple syrup.
- Add tequila and shake
- Pour over ice
The second must-sip cocktail: The Ginger Margarita. According to Augustin, “The Ginger Margarita is a seasonal cocktail, but it’s a fast favorite because of the ingredients. Sea Buckthorn has tremendous immunity-boosting benefits. Perfect to ward off illness.”
- .75 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Ginger Honey
- .25 oz Sea Buckthorn
- .5 oz Barrows Intense Ginger
- 1.5 oz Dulce Vida Reposad
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add ice. Shake.
- Pour into a hurricane glass and add a splash of soda.
- Garnish with two lime peels.
Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar is known for refreshing cocktails. Who doesn’t love watermelon and pineapple? Enjoy. They don’t disappoint.
DIY Watermelon Margarita
- 1.5 fl oz Tequila Reposado (our favorite is Lunazul, but feel free to use your fave)
- 1.5 fl oz sweet & sour
- 1 fl oz fresh watermelon juice
- ½ fl oz Orange Liquor (we like to use DeKuyper)
- 1 Lime Wheel
- Salt for the rim of your glass
TIP: do a Tajin rim if you’re feeling spicy
Pineapple Coconut Cocktail
YOU WILL NEED
- 3.5 oz. pineapple-infused vodka
- 0.5 oz. aquafaba
- 1 dash bitters
In a large shaker, combine pineapple-infused vodka and aquafaba. Add ice and shake hard at least 10 times — this will activate the aquafaba. Strain ingredients into a glass, garnish with a pineapple leaf, and sprinkle a dash of bitters on the foam
How To Make Pineapple-Turmeric Infused Vodka
- 1 750 ml bottle of vodka
- 1 large pineapple (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 cups coconut water
- 3/4 cups pineapple juice
- 3/4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup sweet & sour
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 2 cups ginger beer
- 2 cups Malibu rum
- Place vodka, pineapple + turmeric into a blender. Puree for 1 minute
- Transfer mixture into a 6-quart (or larger) container and add all other ingredients
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours
Need a beer/wine fill up? Many restaurants at Downtown Summerlin® are offering delivery and pick up services for not only food items, but also adult beverages too. How amazing is that?! California Pizza Kitchen, Wolfgang Puck Players Locker, Trattoria Reggiano, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar, SkinnyFats, Maggiano’s Little Italy and more are all serving up your favorite beers, wines and spirits to go.