Last Revised: May 25, 2021
By using the Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information We Collect
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, demographic information, and any personal information that you provide in response to surveys we provide (collectively, “Personal Information”). We may also receive information about you from our parent company, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
- Information about the devices you use to access the Website (such as the IP address and the type of device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Website (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Website (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
In addition, if you access and use the services on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect information about your real-time location. We share your geolocation information with our developers who are contractually bound to only use this information as necessary to provide the services. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that we may collect.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we obtain about you to:
- Complete transactions you have requested using the Website;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer or member support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, promotions, and loyalty program;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Website and transactions conducted using the Website;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we will provide specific notice at the time of collection.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information about you:
- To our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Howard Hughes Corporation, users of the Website, or others; and
- With your consent.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Website.
If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email. You may also update your communication preferences by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page.
If you access our Website using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Services” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Website that are designed for mobile devices.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Website by Google Analytics by following the instructions at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are based in the State of Texas in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Website, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
The Howard Hughes Corporation
Attention: Marketing Director
1650 South Pavilion Center Dr., Suite 160
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135
Summerlin Social Media Policy
Last Revised: July 8, 2019
Summerlin welcomes honest and open conversation on Summerlin and Downtown Summerlin social media pages (the “Summerlin Pages”); however, we reserve the right to remove comments or discussion posts at our discretion.
We encourage comments that:
- Are on topic, brief, and have a constructive tone;
- Are open to being discussed or even contradicted by other commenters; or
- Might disagree with the content in the post or update.
We discourage comments that:
- Are repeatedly off topic;
- Are excessively long or negative in tone;
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack, or offend others, including personal conversations better suited for private messaging; or
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain.
We reserve the right to remove comments that:
- Are racist, sexist, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable;
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend;
- Could break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity (this includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court);
- Are seen to impersonate someone else;
- Are factually inaccurate or libelous and thus could mislead or misinform readers/followers;
- Share personal information including phone numbers, social security numbers, or addresses;
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others;
- Are considered to be ‘spam’ (posts containing the same message posted multiple times or multiple, excessive comments that are not relevant or related to existing content), marketing, or advertisement;
- Contain personal or offensive comments about individual social media users or people who work for Summerlin, which may be considered harassment.
By commenting on the Summerlin Pages, you are indicating that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the guidelines laid out above. People who are continually abusive and offensive to others on the Summerlin Pages risk being permanently removed as commenters.
Comments posted on the Summerlin Pages do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Summerlin and Downtown Summerlin, and shared information does not constitute an endorsement of any kind. All content and posts are bound by the terms and conditions of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, Trip Advisor, or such other social media platforms, as applicable.
If you have any questions about this Social Media Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated May 23, 2022