Last Revised: July 8, 2019
We use your Personal Information only for answering press and potential member inquiries. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information We Collect
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address, demographic information, and any personal information that you provide in response to surveys we provide (collectively, “Personal Information”). We may also receive information about you from our parent company, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
- Information about the devices you use to access the Website (such as the IP address and the type of device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Website (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Website (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Complete transactions you have requested using the Website;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your transactions using the Website;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer or member support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, promotions, and loyalty program;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Website and transactions conducted using the Website;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we will provide specific notice at the time of collection.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information about you:
- To our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Howard Hughes Corporation, users of the Website, or others; and
- With your consent.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Website.
If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email. You may also update your communication preferences by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Website by Google Analytics by installing Google’s browser extension, here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are based in the State of Texas in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Website, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
The Howard Hughes Corporation
Attention: Marketing Director
1650 South Pavilion Center Dr., Suite 160
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135
Summerlin Social Media Policy
Last Revised: July 8, 2019
Summerlin welcomes honest and open conversation on Summerlin and Downtown Summerlin social media pages (the “Summerlin Pages”); however, we reserve the right to remove comments or discussion posts at our discretion.
We encourage comments that:
- Are on topic, brief, and have a constructive tone;
- Are open to being discussed or even contradicted by other commenters; or
- Might disagree with the content in the post or update.
We discourage comments that:
- Are repeatedly off topic;
- Are excessively long or negative in tone;
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack, or offend others, including personal conversations better suited for private messaging; or
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain.
We reserve the right to remove comments that:
- Are racist, sexist, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable;
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend;
- Could break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity (this includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court);
- Are seen to impersonate someone else;
- Are factually inaccurate or libelous and thus could mislead or misinform readers/followers;
- Share personal information including phone numbers, social security numbers, or addresses;
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others;
- Are considered to be ‘spam’ (posts containing the same message posted multiple times or multiple, excessive comments that are not relevant or related to existing content), marketing, or advertisement;
- Contain personal or offensive comments about individual social media users or people who work for Summerlin, which may be considered harassment.
By commenting on the Summerlin Pages, you are indicating that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the guidelines laid out above. People who are continually abusive and offensive to others on the Summerlin Pages risk being permanently removed as commenters.
Comments posted on the Summerlin Pages do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Summerlin and Downtown Summerlin, and shared information does not constitute an endorsement of any kind. All content and posts are bound by the terms and conditions of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, Trip Advisor, or such other social media platforms, as applicable.
“Virtual Easter Egg Hunt” Instagram Sweepstakes
SPONSORED BY Summerlin Operating Company, LLC
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THIS PROMOTION and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Downtown Summerlin “Virtual Easter Egg Hunt” giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open is open to all legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law. Individuals employed by (i) Summerlin Operating Company, LLC (“Sponsor”); (ii) Downtown Summerlin vendors, retail tenants, or licensees; or, (iii) The Howard Hughes Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or its advertising and marketing agencies; and such employees’ immediate families, may not enter or participate in the Promotion. Immediate family members are defined as a parent, spouse, sibling, child or anyone sharing the same residence as the applicable employee. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules as may be modified or amended by Sponsor, and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion begins on Monday, April 6, 2020, at 2:00 PM PDT and concludes on Saturday, April 11, 2020, at 11:59 PM PDT (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be submitted within the Promotion Period. Entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will be void.
- Failed Entries; Disqualification: One (1) entry into the Promotion per individual. Sponsor, including its directors, officers, employees, and agents, affiliates, and any third-party providers of services or goods are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any human mistake, technical error, or for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered entries, telephone calls, or emails, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections availability, accessibility or for traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Promotion, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten, abuse or harass another entrant, as solely determined by Sponsor, may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- Winner Determination and Prize Notification: Subject to further verification and compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be awarded to one (4) individual randomly selected by the Sponsor, after close of the Promotion Period, on Sunday, April 12, 2020 by 5:00 PM PDT from among entrants who completed the entry process during the Promotion Period (the “Winners”). Entrants NEED NOT BE present at the TIME OF SELECTION to win. Sponsor will notify the Winners via Instagram direct message. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended, discontinued, or malfunctioning Instagram account service, which may result in the Winner not receiving a prize notification. Any prize notification returned to Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification. The Winners must contact Sponsor by responding to direct message and contacting Downtown Summerlin Marketing at (702) 677-1371 Sunday, April 12, 2020 by 5:00 PM PDT to claim the prize. No other party will be allowed to claim the prize on the Winner’s behalf. If the Winners do not contact Sponsor by 5pm on May 30, 2020, the prize will be forfeited and a new Winner may be selected by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion. The Winners may be required to provide identification and sign an affidavit acknowledging the award; the prize will only be awarded to a verified Winner. lf Winner refuses to execute the required documents or rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and a new Winner may be selected by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Prize: The Winners will receive (1x) $50 gift card to a Downtown Summerlin restaurant or eatery. *Winner may not re-sell tickets *Winner will be contacted by DTS via Instagram direct messenger. Prize valued at $50
Only four (4) prizes will be awarded. The odds of winning the prize package will depend upon how many persons participate in the Promotion. The prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. In the sole discretion of Sponsor, the prize package is subject to change without notice, but will be substituted with a prize of equal or greater ARV. The prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee by Sponsor.
- Taxes: ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Winner will receive a 1099 tax form, when applicable, provided by Sponsor.
- List of Winners: For the name of the winner, available after the conclusion of the Promotion, please mail a request for the list to:
Summerlin/The Howard Hughes Corporation
c/o Marketing Department
10845 Griffith Peak Drive, Suite 160
Las Vegas, NV 89135
- Trademarks: The trademarks of Instagram, Downtown Summerlin, [Summerlin] are the property of the owners of such trademarks.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information: Except where prohibited by law, entrance into the Promotion grants Sponsor and its affiliates, agents, successors and assigns a royalty-free, fully paid, non-exclusive, sublicensable, transferable, irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, publish, transmit, display, store, distribute, your name, likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information, prize information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media whatsoever. Sponsor will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further notice obligation or compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may require the Winner to execute a written consent containing this right of publicity.
- Entrant Acknowledgements; General Waivers; Waiver or Right to Class Action: By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that (i) they have read and accepted these Official Rules; (ii) Sponsor may terminate, postpone or otherwise modify the Promotion at any time in its sole and absolute discretion including, without limitation, in the event of equipment failure or malfunction, acts of God, natural causes, labor disputes, or fire, flood or other casualties, or if Instagram terminates or threatens to terminate Sponsor’s right to conduct the Promotion using Instagram; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and, (iv) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO PROCEED BY WAY OF A CLASS ACTION, TO SERVE IN ANY REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY FOR OTHERS, AND TO ACT AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS PROMOTION OR THE BREACH, TERMINATION, ENFORCEMENT, INTERPRETATION OR VALIDITY THEREOF. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
- Governing Law; Venue: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules shall be governed exclusively by Nevada law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be (A) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and, (B) filed only in the state or federal courts situated in Clark County, Nevada, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and, (iv) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Acknowledgment Regarding Instagram; Release of Liability: This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, or Instagram. By participating in this Promotion, each entrant agrees to fully and completely release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Instagram, Sponsor, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and any third-party providers from any and all claims, losses, causes of action, and liability arising from injuries (including death), damages, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) incurred as a result of the entrant’s participation in this Promotion and/or their acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof.
- Sponsor Contact Information: Summerlin Operating Company, LLC, 10845 Griffith Peak Drive, Suite 160, Las Vegas, NV 89135
- Last Updated April 5, 2020